Sunday, December 5, 2010

✐ STYLING FORWARD - EPISODE 7

The assignement was, "Bring out the Christmas Spirit"

Well my "Christmas Spirit" didn't care about fashion, she had a "message" she wanted to share, that Abraham had whispered in her ear, while she slept; "Live in PEACE! Please stop these ugly religeous wars, that's been going on for thousands of years now, have you forgotten that I'm the father of you all, stop this nonsense NOW!"

I went back to the source, the old testamente, that the 3 major religions, Jews, Christians and Muslims have in common. To Abraham and his wife Sarah and Hagar.

"Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are sometimes referred to as the "Abrahamic religions" because of the progenitor role that Abraham plays in their holy books. In both the Jewish tradition and the Qur'an, he is referred to as "our Father". Jews, Christians, and Muslims consider him father of the people of Israel. For Jews and Christians this is through his son Isaac by his wife Sarah; for Muslims, he is a prophet of Islam and the ancestor of Muhammad through his other son Ishmael, born to him by Sarah's handmaiden, Hagar."

Therefore I'm dressed in a Burka, representing the Muslims, the wreath on my head represents Christianity and then the Jewish chandelier 'menorah' on top of my head. In my hands I have a bowl of 'Peace Doves', that flies around me. That was my Christmas Spirit. :-)

This was my last performance and I'm happy, these 7-8 weeks have taken it's toll on me. But it has been a great learning experience, which I'm really greatful for. And the remaining 4 contestants are all super master stylists, they have been very supportive and I consider them as my friends. I wish them all the best, Good Luck, may the best woman or man win!!!

THE TRUTH
I participated in 7 episodes of Styling Forward and it was fun the first 5 weeks, but it was very expensive, time consuming and BORING. I mean spending the whole weeks running around the grid, trying to find the right items for the stylings, is NOT what I would call fun. I'd spent so much money and realized I couldn't afford it, so for the 6th episode I got a freebie outfit, styled as 'Deadly Danielle' and was hoping to be voted out, but I wasn't. So for the 7th episode, ' Christmas Spirit' I dressed myself in a burka and wore some religeous symbols and chosed really boring poses, just to make sure I would be voted out and this time it worked. And ever since then I've been reflecting over my time as a model in SL and finally decided, modeling is not for me. I quit!

Model/photographer: Voff Uggla

No comments:

Post a Comment