Friday, September 6, 2013

✐ My teeth and weight loss

I haven't written anything about my teeth for awhile, so here's an update. I have not been to the dentist, I don't have the money to pay for the extensive work my teeth needs. Last time I saw a dentist was in the mid 90s, but I have taken care of my teeth, brushed and flossed. One of the problems have been that I'm taking medicines that makes my mouth dry. Also when I started to get toothache, I think I flossed my teeth too much, at least 20 minutes after each meal, which led to that the fillings I had fell apart. So the teeth that had fillings, have broken, the teeth are gone but the roots are still there. I have only 2 canines left in my upper right jaw, on the left I know one of them is gonna break soon, I can feel the gap where there once have been a filling.

Anyway, about 6 months ago, I was so fed up with the toothache so I decided to only eat one solid meal a day, breakfast. Then I fast for 24 hrs, drinking protein drinks and lot's of water, I've been doing this for 6 months now and I've lost so much weight and keep losing it. Now I can wear clothes I haven't been able to for 20 years and I feel the bones in my body that was covered in fat before. I've no idea how much weight I've lost, I don't have a scale, maybe 10-15 kilos...?!

Recently I've come across news articles about the 5:2 diet, when I started I had no idea about it. For me it was about avoiding toothache and that have worked, no pain in my teeth for a long time now. However, since I'm on such a low calorie diet (for 6 months), I have experienced hunger pains, specially in the evenings. But compared to toothache, hunger pains are nothing. My whole relationship to food have changed, now I basically see it as way to give my body as much nutrients it needs. I've lost my attachment to food being a way to socialize or using it as a way for comfort, etc. Some food I feel disgusted by, specially meat, seeing a raw piece of meat makes me feel sick. I don't have any "food" cravings anymore, but I do feel hunger sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. If you need help for teeth,well try to buy aloe vera juice,mix it up with water and then splash every now and then and your mouth will be clean as after dentist.I wass also fed up with dentists and all that shit and right now I certanly know that two thing are definetely doing good to my mouth:aloe vera and comfrey root (also mixed up with water),and I'm also taking vitamin e and mk-7 every day so if you can find this helpful I'm glad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your advice, I will definetly try it. Last Friday I was hit by an excruciating pain in the right side of my mouth, propably an infection since that side of my face has swollen up. I haven't eaten any solid foods since friday, 2 full days of fasting and painkillers, an awful weekend, :-/

    ReplyDelete