Monday, March 14, 2011

✐ UPDATE

My RL life have changed completly since my male cockatiel died 5 weeks ago, his female partner of 15 years is still in life. She does not like to be alone in the cage, she's clinging to me desperetly, want's to sit on my shoulder ALL the time, around 8 hrs a day. The first weeks, she ate her seeds and drank some water before she called on me, now as soon she want's me to uncover her cage, she doesn't care about the fresh seeds and water in her bowls, all she wants is to sit on my shoulder.

It's almost like having an infant, I have to give her all my attention the 8 hours she wants to be "awake". That means running back and forward to her cage when she wants to eat or drink. Every attempt to try to take her off my shoulder is met by a very upset protest from her, I mean I do need to use the bathroom sometimes or do some household shores. Which means I have to move my shoulders and arms, then she mostly falls off my shoulder, (she can't fly, her "flying wings" stopped growing many years ago). So this new situation will take some time to get used to.

UPDATE (03/18/11) Well now it seems like my female is dying, found her 3 mornings in a row on the same place where I found the male dead. She ate a little bit yesterday, but is not able to perch, falls down on the cage bottom. She's so weak, she have a hard time, sitting on my shoulder, but she insists, she want to be close to me. Last night I wrapped her loosely in a soft towel and took her to bed with me, we slept together all night. She is on my shoulder atm, but haven't eaten or drank any water yet, it breaks my heart seeing her this sick and weak. Of course I'm hoping she will pull trhough, but watching her closely yesterday and today, I just know she is dying, the wait for her last breath is killing me. I don't know if she's in pain or suffering. My life SUCKS at the moment.

My female cockatiel (age 16) passed away at, 14:30 pm CET - March 18, 2011. R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment