Saturday, January 12, 2013

✐ In the Hypnopompic state

"A hypnopompic state (or hypnopomp) is the state of consciousness leading out of sleep, a term coined by the psychical researcher Frederic Myers. When the awakening occurs out of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, in which most dreams occur, the hypnopompic state is sometimes accompanied by lingering vivid imagery. Some of the creative insights attributed to dreams actually happen in this moment of awakening from REM."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompia

I have experienced this "space", it's exactly between sleep and awakening. How to explain this to not sound totally "crazy"... Here it goes, I can get some kind of messages in this space, it doesn't happen very often, but it did happened twice last year (2012). The first one is too personal, all I can say about it, it turned out to be for my benefit, after 10 months.

The second "message" is more of the esoteric kind, it happened one morning (September 16 - 2012). I heard, felt, experienced, someone, something... okay some kind of voice, telling me a year (2015). Just before waking up I asked about the date and the "voice" told me. I woke up and had the feeling that this was an important date, I have no idea what it means, maybe it's just personal and only concerning my life. I googled on the day and the only thing I could find, that there was going to be a total 2 minute solar eclipse a few days later (March 20 - 2015), off the coast of the Faroe Islands. The day that came to me in the hypnopompic state, was; March 12 - 2015.

So now is the question, what will happen in March 12 - 2015, maybe nothing, I don't know. The four "esoteric" dreams I've had through my life, have only concerned my life. The first one came when I was 18 when my mothers aunt suffered from a stroke and died from it a few months later. The second one, at age 33, came when my mother passed away in a heart attack only 56 years old...

At that time I was living on Maui, Hawaii and my mother lived in Sweden. A friend of mine and I decided to go camping over the weekend, to a beautiful place on Maui, called; The Seven Sacred Pools. One night I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs in the tent, scaring my friend. I had dreamt that I died and was stuck in a kind of "bubble", knowing I was dead, but being conscious. It was a horrible nightmare but I din't think more about it until we came home. When I got that phonecall nobody want's to get, it was my father, crying and telling me that my mother had suffered from a heart attack and passed away in her sleep.

That was a turning point in my life, I had one life before her death and another one, not so happy after. It took me many years to get over it, I'm not even sure I am over it even now. The shock, the pain, the grief is gone all the initial feelings you experience when someone close to you dies. I developed a chronic depression instead, very similar to the dream I had on Maui, feeling disconnected from life but at the same time being conscious about it.

So my guess is that the date I "dreamed" about only will have an effect on my life (if anything happens?).

No comments:

Post a Comment